Instagram

Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Target trip 3/31...and my BIG announcement!

So I had no intentions of going out today, but forgot about an appointment that I had booked.  So excited that I did though had such an awesome day couponing (and I hope you will too).  My destination happened to be right beside a Target so of course you KNOW I just had to swing in.  Well, there was a little bit of planning involved. Purex Complete Crystals were on sale reportedly for $2.99.  I called ahead to make sure, and got SO excited when they said YES!  I bought some a few weeks ago at Walgreens and they are awesome and smell so good (highly recommend), and have been saving my coupons up for this perfect sale (I believe they are on price cut until 4/17).  I then asked the manager how many they had in stock he said they had "plenty" (I knew I wanted 10).  When I told him I wanted 10 he said, "Oh well, I'll pull a case for you from the back."  Yeah, for a awesome manager.  One aspect that is important on this transition to "extreme couponer" is being respectful of clearing shelves and keeping enough stock out there for the normal shoppers.  So yes, I advocate "special ordering" or calling ahead for items you know you will be stockpiling.  I also went searching through my binder and didn't realize that a lot of great coupons were expiring today :(
Here is my trip:
**I won't bother posting about the coupons that expired today...sorry.

Purex Complete Crystals $2.99 each
Use $2/1 from RP 3/13
Final Price: FREE

Febreeze Swiffer Pads $4.24 each
Use Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupon (I used 8) Expired
Final Price: FREE
(Read here HERE about how to maximize the BOGO free coupon)

Visine Travel Size $1.99 each
Final Price: FREE

John Frieda Conditioners $5.99 each:
See my post HERE about using the Rain Check option (scroll to bottom).
Final Price: $1.00 Each

Secret Deodorant (price cut to $3.60)
Use (2) Buy 2 Get 1 free  (Expired)
Final Price: $1.73 each

Circo Infant Socks $1.00
Use (2) $1/1 TARGET COUPON 
Final Price : FREE

Up and Up Pantyliners $.89
Use $.50/1 TARGET COUPON
Final Price: $.39

Tres Semme Climate Control Mousse $3.34
Use $1/1 TARGET COUPON
Use $1/1 Climate Control Product (3/20 SS)
Final Price: $1.34

Arnold Brownberry 12 Grain Bread $2.89
Use $.55/1 coupon (3/6 SS)
Final Price: $2.30
Both were clearanced on an end-cap (end of aisle clearance)
Venus Embrace Razor $4.24
Use $5/1 (expired)
Final Price: FREE

Schick Hydro 3 Razor $7.51
Use $4/1 (From a Kroger Home Mailer)
Final Price: $3.51 (not a stock-up price, a few times a year you can get these free)



Total Out of Pocket Paid: $9.00 (Plus I received a $5 GIFTCARD!)= $4.00 TRIP
My total before coupons was over $200.00.  I actually started to get nervous because I only had $20.00 CASH with me...lol, but everything worked out.  
  • So PRIOR to using any coupons I used the "$5 Giftcard when you spend $75 or more."  I was handed the giftcard.
  • I then handed over my coupons and payment. 
_________________________________________________________________
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
So some of you have already heard the buzz about my blog going "big time."  In a few weeks it will be a more professional site that I will update deals as SOON as I get them (I really apologize to my readers for the expired coupons in the post above).  I will even have a facebook page and daily email for your enjoying :)  I also plan to have a readers "bragging page" (I love all of the pictures you have sent me), so that I and everyone can post their awesome shopping trips.  Stay tuned and I hope you will enjoy the new look :)



0 comments: