Instagram

Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A lesson on Walgreens...

Per the request of my wonderful readers I am branching out my shopping to other stores ;)  Yes Target is my go to for most items, and Kroger for produce/main grocery items.  However, there are tons of great deals at the drugstores!  I also have limited my shopping to a few stores, because I was finding I overspent when I was going to multiple places.  I now stay really focused at my two stores and honestly spend less than 2 hours a week shopping.
Sunday mornings are such a great highlight of my week.  I usually am up early (before both of my kiddos) flipping through the weekly ads with a hot cup of coffee.  This week I noticed some pretty great deals at Walgreens on items that I had coupons  *just waiting to be used* in my binder.  I have previously stayed away from Walgreens because it seemed so complicated and confusing.  To be honest, it still does and I am still learning.  Here is a great video explaining the Walgreen's coupon process from the Krazy Coupon Lady.

    



Here is one of the great deals I got this week:


There was an in-ad coupon (expires 3-12-11) for $5/1 Pedia Care item.
Walgreen's in ad coupons are store coupons they can be stacked with a manufacturer coupon.  
I used (2) $2/1 Pedia Care product from HERE
Here is how it played out:
Pedia Care Allergy $6.99 
Pedia Care infant drops 5.99
Total: 12.98-10.00 (in ad coupon discount) =2.98 -$2 Manufacturer coupon = .98****
*This is where it got tricky my balance went to $.98 and I still had (1) $2 coupon to use I had to buy a FILLER item b/c Walgreens doesn't adjust coupons or allow overage.  
So the $.99 gum was my filler to make the $2 coupon go through.

Total Paid: $.23 Tax
(2) Pedia Care products and (1) Pack Orbit gum
And I got a $1.50/1 Catalina coupon to use in the future ;)

I plan on continuing to branch out my deal seeking to other stores.  A week ago Walmart updated their coupon policy to allow "overage."  So you could potentially make money with coupons.  This *might* draw me in to Walmart, although I rarely have great things to say about the store :( You can review Walmart's new coupon policy HERE.  You might want to print it and keep it in your binder, since it is "new" I am sure it will take some time for all of the employees to get up to speed.



0 comments: