Instagram

Facebook

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Monday, April 25, 2011

Money Makers week of 4/25



Making money with coupons is a "no-brainer" in my book.  I mean, why would you not want to get a product for free and get paid to take it out of the store?  You can really get creative with money making products.  At Walgreens money making is in the form of their Register Rewards (they do not allow overage, or paying you cash after the coupon).  Here is an example of a great money maker this week at Walgreens:
Splenda is on sale this week for $2.99
Buy (3) Splenda $2.99 each
Use (2) $3/1 Splenda Sweetner Product (SS 4/17)
Use (1)-$1/1 Splenda Product Any PRINT
Pay $1.97  ~Receive $4 Register Reward
$2.00 Money maker

The creative wheels get turing on how to use the register rewards to reduce your monthly budget.  Bread, Milk, Eggs, diapers, paper towels (all stocked at Walgreens), are tough to score for free.  Applying these register rewards to those items are what I typically try and do.  I have LOTS of these Splenda coupons, so i plan on going back later in the week.  Also, I saw that the Granulated sugar was also on sale for $2.99 (the ones that I purchased were packets).
--------------------------------------------------
Walmart Money Makers:
Now, if you've been following my blog for long you know that I rarely will post Walmart deals and despise going in to the store :(  A few reasons why:




In the past they have not been very coupon friendly.  The only allow certain amounts of coupons before a manager comes over and treats you like a criminal.  They also have a dollar amount, I believe it's $50, then a manager has to use a key to unlock the register to keep going.  


They don't run great stockpile sales, they have their "everyday low prices."  :(

They NEVER offer giftcard/store promos.

They offer no store coupons for "stacking."

They do not have a large selection of Organic/Natural products



~However~
Walmart recently changed their coupon policy to allow overage.  Meaning if you buy a product for $5 and have a $10 off coupon they will hand you cash back...pretty cool, huh?  I went today to pick up the Nivea Deal, which I was able to get 10 bottles for absolutely FREE :)  But I noticed another great money maker:
(20) $.50/1 Frigo Cheese coupons from the (SS 4/17)
** Now if you look the single string cheese packs are $.33 each.  So I profited $.17 each item.  I purchased 24 string cheeses and made $4.04 off of the cheese!!!  Again, you can get creative and apply this to a produce balance, diapers, or even clothing item that you were in need of :)  I chose another route...I haven't really mentioned much about ALL YOU magazine ($2.49).  It's a great monthly magazine that offers high value coupons and a lot of great articles.
I also purchased a bunch of bananas.  
So here are my Walmart purchases:
(10) Nivea Women's Body washes
(24) Frigo String Cheeses
(1) All You magazine (with $85 worth of coupons!)
(1) Bunch of Bananas 
TOTAL: $-.59 OVERAGE!!

Bottom line~get creative with moneymakers to reduce your monthly budget!

0 comments: