Instagram

Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Monday, August 8, 2011

Slow Cooker Old Fashioned Oatmeal



So last week, while my husband was having a guy's poker night, I laid in bed at midnight thinking of breakfast ;)  I knew he would want to sleep in, and after a long week I was hopeful my kiddos would sleep in a little too.  I got up and made this yummy Old Fashioned oatmeal...BONUS for being healthy ;)    


INGREDIENTS

  • 1.5 cups Old Fashioned Oatmeal (I used Steel cut)---No Instant Stuff!
  • 4 cups water
  • 2 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 large apple, sliced and diced
  • Pam spray



DIRECTIONS

  1. Spray slow cooker with Pam.
  2. Pour in all ingredients.
  3. Cook overnight on low.
  4. Mix well and enjoy!

mmmmmm it turned out pretty good! The oatmeal seemed a little runny, but I think that next time I will add some dried cranberries. Since dried fruits suck up liquid in this recipe, I'll keep the same amounts of water and milk. Enjoy!

0 comments: