Instagram

Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Make your Own Book Wreath!



I recently visited one of my dearest friend's home, and fell in love with these beautiful vintage book wreaths that she created.  

What I love about my friend Amber:
  1. She is a total super-mom with 3 kiddos.
  2. She is very creative.
  3. She has more college degrees and certifications than most people you know!
  4. Her and her husband are one of the most hilarious couples you'd ever want to meet!
  5. I've known her since fifth grade (does that count?). 
Anyway, she gave me a quick tutorial and then a few weeks later dropped this beauty by my house (well, actually I bribed her with items from my stockpile in order to keep our deal "frugal")...
LOVE IT! (Sorry about the bad pic, it was late and really bad lighting!).
Here is Amber's Tutorial on How to create your own book wreath:
SUPPLIES:
  • 10″ foam wreath ($1 at Dollar Store)
  • Paperback novel ($1 at Dollar Store – depending on the length of the book, you may need two) OR Vintage Dictionary.
  • Brown and/or gray craft paint (you can brush it on for a "tea-stained" appearance)
  • Glue gun & glue sticks
  • Small strip of ribbon
  • A few paper towels
  • A few straight pins (optional)

This pretty wreath measures about 11 inches across and almost 2.5 inches thick. I created this out of an old 1954 vintage Reference Dictionary (the "S" section) that had been damaged. I purchased it for $5 at an antique store. The dictionary pages already had a “tea stained” appearance and I used a foam wreath ring I purchased for $1 from family dollar to begin designing this very simple wreath. Using a hot glue gun and folded about 60-70 dictionary pages into an “S –shape” created this wreaths appearance. This was a very easy little project/craft that adds some character to your home.
I also found this video on how exactly to roll the paper:

 I hope you enjoy these unique (frugal), and beautiful home decorations, and thanks Amber for the tutorial!  Oh and in case you get really creative I found these other styles of Book Wreaths on Pinterest:












0 comments: