Instagram

Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cake Pops!!

So I'm no Bakerella (the queen of cake pops), but I have bought enough Starbuck's cake pops lately to know they are yummy, fun to eat, and totally addicting!

It's been on my to-do list for a while, but I wanted to attempt to make my own!  They turned out great, were easy to do, and fairly inexpensive (I used a few 40% off Michael's coupons for the supplies: popsticks, melting chocolate, and styrofoam insert for drying the pops). 

Here we go:
  • Bake a 13x9 boxed cake.  Do not ice, and let cool for about 15 mins.
  • Crumble the cake (or mix it in a food processor like I did). Then mix with 1 can pre-made icing.


  • Form mixture into balls inset sticks about 1/2 way into each one and place in freezer for about 30 minutes.




  • Place chocolate disc in small bowl and melt per package instructions.  


  • Dip cake pop into melt chocolate to cover and apply sprinkles.  Place in Styrofoam to dry completely.


ENJOY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you seen the Babycakes Cake Pop Maker??  It is currently on sale at Kohl's and gets great reviews! Here's a great review of a Blogger that Loves it! Anyone used it??












0 comments: