Instagram

Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Coupon Clipping Service...What it is/does and HOW you may benefit!

A coupon clipping service is a business/website where you pay (for their time clipping coupons, it is illegal to actually "sell" coupons).  Most all coupons on a clipping service are manufacturer coupons although occasionally they will add store specific coupons.
        
This week was my first week using a clipping service and I did it for a few reasons:

  1. I noticed a great sale at Target: Optifree Contact Lens Solution Twin packs were on sale for $10.00 (great sale price as they normally run $15.89).  Both my husband and I are contact lens wearers, and this brand happens to be the one recommended #1 by our eye doctor :)  When I searched the COUPON DATABASE HERE it showed me that there was a $4/1 manufacturer coupon out.  However when I searched my saved inserts (see below), it must have been a regional coupon that Ohio did not get :(  So, I decided to order it!!!  (I also had a $1/1 TARGET coupon to stack with these)
  2. I also noticed that Bertolli Pasta sauce was on price cut this week, and I had a Target coupon to stack with it.  However, I had already used all of my Bertolli coupons a few weeks ago. 
  3. I also had a few other coupons that I had really liked and had used all of them and wanted a few more for that specific product.  
So lets RECAP on a few good reasons to use a clipping service:
  1. The coupon you want is Regional/location specific and you couldn't get your hands on it.
  2. You find a sale item and want to Stockpile.
  3. You've run out of high value coupons that you really liked
_______________________________________________________________


COST: I paid $4.00 for all of these coupons including shipping (the cost of one of the Opti-free coupons in savings)

Here is the clipping service that I used and it was great: MY COUPON HUNTER

A few other tips:
  1.  Look at the Sales early in the week this clipping service ships out of Florida so it took me 2 days to get the coupons and one of the coupons was close to expiring!
  2. Watch out for expiration dates

** I would not recommend using a clipping service in place of newspaper inserts/printing coupons online.  It would be way too expensive, and well I'll say it...just LAZY on your part :)
________________________________________________________________
Here's how I did this week:

 My total bill was LESS than the 5 boxes of Optifree on sale, purchased them for $5 each (I can definitely remove this item from our budget for the next YEAR)!!! 

So in the end a clipping service is a GREAT resource for a few different reasons!
___________________________________________________________
~Remember earlier in the post when I mentioned saving your Previous Newspaper inserts?  Well, this is actually really important.  I used to clip the coupons that * I thought* we would need, and then when a great sale came around or a free item on a product I didn't normally buy, I had already thrown out the insert.  Now I use a fairly "clip-less" method.  I clip all of the high value coupons I know I will be using, and then I wait and research/watch for coupon match-ups and clip as I go.

These are my inserts for the month of February... I will then File them in a Magazine file folder by type and date (Red Plum, Smart Source, P&G, etc.).  If you can't figure out the name/date of the insert they are all printed on the binding of the insert.







0 comments: