Instagram

Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Recycled Crayon Gifts.

For my son's Preschool holiday party this year, I wanted him to have a small gift to give to each of his fellow classmates.  There are quite a few little ones, so I really needed something inexpensive.  I've made "Recycled Crayons" a few different times, but these Snowflake ones are by far my favorite.

1. Purchase Silicone baking mold.  (Much easier to pop out crayons, I purchased at the Target Dollar Spot)
2. Clean out crayon box of all broken crayons (FYI~Crayola melt much nicer).
3. Either soak them in warm water overnight to remove wrappers or peel off individually.
4. Fill molds 1/2 full with crayons.
5. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
6. "Bake" for around 20 mins or until all crayons are melted.
7. Place in freezer for 30 mins.
8. Pop out of molds and you're done!

I wanted to come up with some cute gift bags to package them in, and this is what I got this evening.  I took a very small paper lunch sack (purchased at Hobby Lobby), taped it to cardstock and ran it through my printer.  

I printed:
"May you color your Holiday season Merry and Bright"

I then tied it up with some Baker's Twine I had on hand.  
DONE!

Pretty easy and very cheap.  My original plan was to package them in clear cellophane baggies and attach a tag, but I didn't have enough.  This would look great though, so you could see all of the neat colors.  :)

His teachers are done too... I stocked up on the Target Starbucks Coffee Deal, and plan on making a tray of Christmas cookies to go along. 

What are your plans for your child's educators or childcare provider's gifts?

0 comments: