Instagram

Facebook

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Hi Fans!


Hi Fans!  Just wanted to check-in and say HELLO! We are really enjoying ourselves on our extended vacation, but have done a lot of saving too!  How have you all been saving?  Just wanted to also update everyone that THIS Sunday 7/3/11 there will be a P&G insert in the paper.  Traditionally there are not coupons scheduled for holiday weekends, but this is an exception.  I really like P&G products so I am definitely going to pick up a few :)  Although my coupon binder consumed a lot of space in the packing process, it has really been a lifesaver to bring.  Last night at Publix we were able to save $62.78!  They were having a really great B1G1 Free sale, combined with some great coupons that I have been saving for months to bring.  Earlier this week I also hit up CVS and used up some of my ECB's on beach snacks and bottled waters.  I also found some great prices in the wine aisle, my favorite wine was B2G1 Free!  Obviously markdowns are regional, but if you plan on vacationing don't though your frugal"ness" out the window!  


Here's another life "saver" tip that helped us recently...if you need a rental car, hotel, or flight, have you tried HOTWIRE??  I was completely amazed at the savings we got with our rental car.  Prior to leaving for our trip we researched rental car prices and anticipated for a 3 week vacation a rental car would cost us over $1,000.  We decided to wait until we arrived to try and get a "last minute" deal.  While sitting in the airport and talking to my Uncle on the phone he suggested we check the prices on HOTWIRE.  We were able to get a "Standard" size rental car (we got a Mitsubishi Gallant) for $324.56 ($12 per day, Unlimited miles)!!  How awesome is that!  I was so excited because I whipped out my laptop in the airport and booked it sitting right in front of Budget rentals and walked right up to them and grabbed the keys (again priced at Budget alone would have cost over $900.00!).  

0 comments: